I like stuff.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

salmon, taters, broccoli

*sigh*

Nothing suggest to me how often I'm actually cooking at home than knowing
that I'm posting everything I cook on here.

And the last post is from almost a month ago.

Anyhow, on tonight's menu:

Packetized salmon
Three Cheese Scallopped potatoes.
Steamed Broccoli.

I admit it. I'm cheating on the potatoes. I'm using a mix. Heap your scorn
upon me. In my defense, I topped them off with some panko and some butter
about 5 minutes before taking them out of the oven.

The Broccoli I'm doing in my standard way: Wash broccoli. Put in bowl. Add a
few tablespoons of water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Poke holes in
top. Microwave. I don't feel guilty here. The big problem with the microwave
is that it 'taint so good at getting anything hotter than the boiling point
of water (That'd be around 212F or 100C). Browning and caramelization happen
at much higher temps. This makes it lousy for those activities. Steaming, on
the other hand is no problem in my book.

As for the salmon, each packet consisted of olive oil, salt, pepper, 4 thin
slices of lemon, 4 green onions, a couple teaspoons of minced garlic and a
6oz salmon fillet. Wrapped tightly in foil. About 15 minutes in the oven at
450.

Verdict to come in update.

Update:

Tasty. As usual, probably could've put a bit more salt on the fishes.

No comments: