I like stuff.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thanksgiving 2005: The Revenge - Of the leftovers

So Amanda's got a cold, and I've still got way too many leftovers (some have
been sent to live in exile in the freezer), so I'm making turkey noodle
soup.

Started off by sweating a mirepoix (that's equal parts diced carrot, onion,
and celery, you uncultured swine!) in some olive oil and kosher salt. Dusted
it with a bit of flour and then broke up a fair amount of white meat.
Stirred until the meat was at temperature.

Figuring some gelatinous goodness wouldn't be so bad, I dumped in a little
leftover gravy and then added a quart each of chicken stock and vegetable
stock. Threw in a couple bay leaves, some rosemary, salt and pepper and it's
currently simmering on the stove, covered over low heat.

In about 15-20 minutes, I'm going to dump in a couple cups of egg noodles
and recover, simmering again until the noodles soften up.

And then, I'm probably going to eat it.

No comments: