I like stuff.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Angry. Again, but less so.

So you might've read this thing I wrote last month, and it seems that the meme has spread.

Ars Technica reports on the idea that efficiency is being seen as well...efficient, though it still comes across as rather renegade thought.

In the bigger picture, I like the idea of a free market, but in my mind, a completely free market would require that all other things are equal. That knowledge for buyers and sellers is immediate and accurate. That external pressures are nonexistent. Great on paper, but not always so practical.

I'm glad that there are businesses that are learning that cutting costs doesn't always mean "layoffs first".

It's a start.

By about page 3 of the article, they're leaning towards "But don't hold your breath."

I'm not, it's just nice to see that it's getting a little more awareness outside of the usual.

No comments: