I like stuff.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Health

So it's not a big secret that I'm not a big health care advocate (haven't seen a doctor since 1996), but without going too far afield, I feel compelled to say that the current national health care debate has gone pretty ridiculous.

Seriously, I read the bits about "end of life consultations" and to think it means "death panels" or eugenics seems like quite a stretch.

I have employer-provided health insurance. Sure, I never use it, but it's kind of cool to know its there. I don't follow the informal fallacies that if the government finds a way to make a public option, the private insurance industry is doomed. Compete, or don't.

This week's presidential address made enough sense to me that I felt like throwing in my two cents.



I don't have any answers, but I'm kind of thinking that if we're going to say "Hey, we're the best country anywhere", it makes sense to address the problems we've got, and take care of our own.

This country is made of up actual humans. They deserve the best opportunities we can offer.

No comments: