So here's Ongoing Dispute #4, the Get Back To Work, You Slacker edition:
- A resident said she saw a UFO in the sky near G Street and W Avenue early Sunday morning. She said the craft was flying too high in the air to be a helicopter.
The woman said the UFO would stay in place for a couple of minutes and then move side to side. A police helicopter pilot could not locate the UFO. The sighting was reported at 2:44 a.m
- About 30 teens were seen fighting, 1:07 a.m.
- A caller said a person fishing at the lake killed a duck and put it in a bag, 6:58 a.m.
- A naked man wearing only a baseball cap was seen running near a public storage business, 7:46 a.m.
- Ducks were walking across the street, blocking traffic, 11:53 a.m.
- Someone started a fire in a trash can, 8:51 p.m.
- Unknown suspects were throwing water balloons at cars, 10:09 p.m.
- Two 14-year-old boys, described as being "under the influence of something" were creating a "disturbance" in the emergency room of a hospital, 12:09 a.m.
- A "large snake" was seen in front of a gate at an apartment complex and had "slithered over" to an apartment, 12:10 a.m.
- A woman said her father's former roommate had knocked on the door and asked for her father. When he came to the door, the ex-roommate punched the father in the face, 4:38 p.m.
- A coyote ran toward at a man with a dog but stopped without attacking. Then the coyote ran off and was "acting weird." A caller said it was not the first time the coyote had lunged at a small dog, 5:42 p.m.
- A caller said he was sitting in his truck parked in a parking lot on G Street reading his Bible when he noticed a man hiding in some bushes. He said the man was "staring him down." The incident was reported at 9:14 a.m. Wednesday.
- A caller said a woman with a brown brindle boxer was "using her foot to force (the) dog to the concrete" and dragging the dog around. When the caller questioned the woman about her behavior, she told the caller to "mind her own business," 1:51 p.m.
- A caller said an unknown man who appeared to be intoxicated had tried to get into his neighbor's car. Officers contacted the man, who was not drunk. He explained that he is deaf in one ear and a loss of equilibrium causes him to stumble. He said the vehicle resembled a car that belonged to a friend who was coming to pick him up, 6:21 p.m.
- A female had a fish bone stuck in her throat, 6:30 p.m.
- A man on a bicycle said the driver of a white Ford F150 intentionally swerved to hit him. The suspect was described as white, 210 to 220 pounds, in his mid-40s, with brown hair, 7:51 a.m.
- A 14-year-old boy fell off his bike and was bleeding from his forehead, 2:27 p.m.
- A caller who lives in Northern California said his parents were the victims of fraud, claiming that $113,000 had been transferred from his parents' bank account to a foreign bank account, 3:16 p.m.
- A sink hole was reported in the intersection, and public works was notified, 6:03 p.m.
- A silver four-door Toyota and a small SUV collided, and a woman was seen trying to crawl out of one of the vehicles, 6:47 p.m.
- Three or four suspects wearing wetsuits broke into a closed Taco Bell building in the 800 block of Pacific Coast Highway Thursday evening.
Police caught two of the suspects after they broke a large window to enter the fast-food restaurant. The incident was reported at 7:07 p.m.
- A car struck a fire hydrant and came to rest on top of the hydrant, and the driver was seen running into the nearby Royalty Trees Apartments. The driver returned a short time later with his girlfriend, who lives in the apartment complex, 1:11 a.m.
- A man was riding his bike, drinking and yelling obscenities, 6:24 a.m.
- Two large beehives were reported in trees next to the first base dugout of a Little League field while a game was in progress, 5:04 p.m.
- A caller reported seeing a decapitated sea lion on the beach, 5:56 p.m.
- Four or five people were fighting near a gas station pump, 1:28 a.m.
- A woman with a hospital nightgown "half on and half off" was seen walking southbound on Beach Boulevard, 8:32 a.m.
- A car struck a pedestrian, 11:16 a.m.
- A car struck a pedestrian, and the pedestrian was thrown about 15 feet. An officer noted the victim's face and arms were scraped, 11:59 a.m.
- A woman said she found her cat in a park and it had been skinned and killed. Officers suspected it was killed by a coyote, 7:26 p.m.
- A worker at a bar in the 20000-something block of B Street said a drunken patron, who had already been refused service twice during the same night, was making phone calls to the bar. The man was threatening the staff and using racial slurs. He is described as a short man in his 30s with sandy blond hair. The incident was reported at 1:28 a.m. on Tuesday.
- A caller said a red pickup truck with three male occupants struck a pedestrian and left the scene, leaving the victim in the middle of the street. Police spoke with witnesses after the incident who indicated the victim may have been assaulted and not hit by a car, 1:48 a.m.
- A woman said she passed out on Monday night and woke up to discover she had been raped. She said she couldn't find her pants when she woke up and her underwear had been ripped. The man she suspected of the assault had given her a ride from a party. The woman said he told her he'd take her home in the morning after she felt better, 11:25 a.m.
The UFO is close to my heart as the location is very close to my apartment complex. Great, my neighbors are a bunch of loons.
So, coyote activity remains constant, still not good being a pedestrian, and apparently, a bad week to be a duck.
Again, the source was the OC Register