- A woman saw a 65-year-old man fall down some stairs in the 6000-something block of W Avenue on Thursday and went over to check on him. When she approached him, the man pulled out his genitals and made inappropriate comments to her. The incident was reported at 3:35 p.m.
- A caller said two male juveniles who appeared to be drunk were yelling and screaming on a swing set. An officer noted the males, who were 19 years old, were on their way home, 2:21 a.m.
- A man who looked 35 years old dropped his pants and exposed his genitals, 5:35 a.m.
- A caller said his son got a cut on his foot from some glass in a park. The caller said he dug around near where his son was cut and found two bottles in the sand under a swing set, 2 p.m.
- A bicyclist rode into the back of a parked car and was bleeding, 5:10 p.m.
- A resident said a woman who had been living out of her car had been praying in her front yard, 7:22 p.m.
- A caller said his landlord's boyfriend was nailing the bathroom door shut so he couldn't use it, 9:46 p.m.
- A father and son were seen fighting with golf clubs near O Avenue and 11th Street Wednesday evening, and a woman was trying to separate them. The 22-year-old son called earlier in the day after alleging his father punched him in the mouth near Chronic Taco. The father, who had been previously known to police for driving a van with the words "social outkast" painted on it and being "anti-police," was arrested.
The incident was reported at 7:37 p.m.
- A resident said someone had planted an 8-foot-by-4-foot sign from a strawberry field in his yard, 7:43 a.m.
- A caller said he thought someone was "getting high" in a restroom stall at Target. The caller said the man was shaking a can and sniffing it. The suspect was described as a male with a shaved head and a goatee and was last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt and gray sweatpants. He left on a bike prior to police arrival, noon.
- A caller said protestors were blocking driveways and playing music too loudly near the wetlands, 5:43 p.m.
- A caller said two men in a black Ford Explorer had approached him when he pulled up to an ATM. They told him their company had received a surplus shipment, and they were willing to sell the merchandise "for cheap." The caller thought the men might be selling stolen property, 6:14 p.m.
- A resident was seen hitting golf balls into the harbor, 7:04 p.m.
- A woman said two men, who were "flirtatious" with her as she walked by, approached her from behind and asked "what she had on her." The suspects indicated they had a weapon but none was seen. She told them to take whatever they wanted and they took her wallet, 12:26 a.m.
- A man said two male suspects convinced him to withdraw $10,000 from his bank account and meet them in the Boston Market parking lot. He showed the money to the suspects and turned around to look for something in his car. When he looked back, the suspects had left with the cash, 5:32 p.m.
- A caller said four male juveniles were drinking beer and standing near a ledge in a parking structure, 7:50 p.m.
- A drunken male transient was arrested after he locked himself inside a public bathroom for an hour, 9:39 p.m.
- A caller said he thought someone tried to break into his house but it turned out to be a cat, 11:50 p.m.
The good news is that we earned a reprieve this week for the ducks and the pedestrians. The bad news is that the "weird" coyotes have gone missing, instead we get the dropping of the pants.
Source: OC Register