I like stuff.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Holy Crap, I'm sick of Ticketmaster.

There's a litany of everything that's wrong with TicketMaster around any corner, you can go look them up. Fees, sudden cancellations without refunds, you name it.

But as I'm not a big fan of receiving spam, I set up a new email account every time I have to purchase through them. Lecture by Azar Nafisi and Marjane Satrapi, here comes the email: "We see from your interests that you might be interested in the upcoming shows: Green Day, Slayer, Dashboard Confessional." Skinny Puppy tickets? "We see from your interests you might be interested in the upcoming shows: All American Rejects, Bon Jovi, Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons"

Seriously, I'm not making this up. You can click on every opt-out button you see, and they're still going to send you this shit.

Throw on top of that the venues are now in on the act. So you get all the Ticketmaster spam saying "You will like this!" and all of the venue spam "They are playing here, so you should see it!"

Fuck it. If I go see another concert, it's going to be cash on the barrelhead at the door.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ticketmaster is a total scam – I’ll never use them again EVER! Bought tickets online for House of Blues concert in New Orleans, they printed out with the wrong date. Refused to do anything about it – said I was stuck with them and would sell them myself or eat the price. Disputing the charge with my CC company, but lost the $$v on a hotel room, plans, etc.
CROOKS! BEWARE!!