I like stuff.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Argh (part 2)



Wow. Mac's Photobooth takes pictures backward. iPhoto can't even handle a simple flip.

Argh.

Fine, The Gimp can fix that. *grumble* *grumble*

Anyhow, I stumbled upon this last weekend. It cost me a couple bucks at a store that people don't like to hear about, but holy cow, not only a "Little Golden Book", but one I remember my mother reading to me. I remember the voices she'd make expressing the exasperation of the narrative.

It's amazing and a little terrifying getting to repurchase a tiny bit of my disconnected youth.

My mother and those artifacts of days gone by have been gone for years. It was nice to find an echo of it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I too loved that book as a child. I'm sure it's still in my parents' house somewhere.

On my trip home for Christmas I snatched up some old books, most notably some giant cross-section picture books.

Anonymous said...

I hear there is a simple flip feature but darned if it is simple to find.

Oh the Golden Books! I used to love reading then.