I like stuff.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Return to Commerce

Employee: "Hi, how can I help you?"
Me: "I need new tires. I think the rear ones are fine, but definitely the front need to be replaced."
Employee: "Let's go look."
*employee looks at tires*
Employee: "See, the back ones look OK. A few weather cracks, but not too bad. The front ones should be replaced, though. I can't just rotate them."
Me: "Yes. I need new tires."
Employee: "Yeah, you'll have to replace the front ones. I can tell just from looking at them."
Me: *facepalm*

1 comment:

stiill said...

You know how when you're playing a video game, sometimes they give you control during the cutscene? But the cutscene still plays out exactly the same, no matter what you do. Sometimes you try to get in the dude's way, and he just moves you aside. You can jump on his head, or shoot a rocket in his face, or just leave for a while and come back later. It doesn't matter-- he's going to play through his scripted behavior, and it doesn't matter what you do.

That's employment at almost any consumer business in the US.

You may have seen this on my blog, but:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/10/31