I like stuff.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Sophia's

So a cow-orker and his wife invited me out last night to grab dinner and go
watch the new X-men flick. After a half hour of sitting on their driveway
trying to figure out where to get dinner, we finally jumped in a car and
pulled out. Scant seconds went by before it was asked:
"So, where are we going, anyhow?"
"To get food", I replied.
"Yeah. Where?"
"I don't know. The food hut?"
"You like greek?"
"I like greek. I can get my some lamb."

So we went to Sophia's in Placentia (they don't seem to have a website, but
here's the info: 1390 N Kraemer Blvd, (714) 528-2021)

We got some sort of fried sausage thing for an appetizer (I don't know that
any of us were terribly impressed by it.). Randy got the calamari steak,
Leslie got the halibut, I got the gyro plate. Everybody seemed pretty happy
(well, except the "So this is greek beer, huh? Tastes like Heineken"
conversation)

And for reasons I never understand, whenever I go get food with them,
service speeds slow down to glacial.

As for the film, if you're a fan of either the comics or the first two
flicks, you can probably skip this one without feeling incomplete.

No comments: