I like stuff.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Project: Rewire my brain.

Ah, science. Time for another project wherein I set up a contrived situation such that I can leave myself feeling confused or miserable. So here goes, "Project: Rewire My Brain"

WHEN: 12:01AM Sunday, July 8, 2007 through 12:01AM Sunday, July 22, 2007

WHAT: Everything left is right. Everything right is left.

WAIT, WHAT?: I'm neither fully left-handed nor right-handed, but neither am I ambidextrous. Every day of my life that I can remember, even going back to my days as a lad, I've always put my keys in the same pocket, my wallet in the same pocket, written with the same hand, thrown with the other, etc. So for two weeks, reverse everything. Write with the other hand, etc. Re-arrange my pockets. Everything backwards! Woo!

WHY: I feel like I've been thinking the same stuff over and over again lately. So just to make things interesting, I'm going to distort the whole mess and see what happens. Will I think oppositely? Will I get night terrors? Maybe it's just morbid curiosity.

BUT: well, after that last project failed after a few too many absolutes, I'm leaving open a few possibilities. If I have to write something legibly or sign something, I'll have the option to use my natural hand if it means fewer hassles (like angry calls from the bank or something)

AND: unlike last time, I can write about my misfortune this iteration.


Let's get stupid!

1 comment:

stiill said...

Awesome.

Greg (gr0g?) frequently writes left-handed, and has been doing so for many years. It's still not terribly legible, but I'd love to see the progression over the years. I wonder if most of the improvement is just in the first few weeks.