I like stuff.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Rewired: The first couple days.

Not much to report, but here's a few highlights:

1) I'm surprised to find out how rarely I actually write anything by hand anymore. I seem to have not had cause for several days now, so I can't report how that's going.

2) I find that trying to stick with this has made me a lot more deliberate in a lot of actions. Reaching for my wallet takes a little more thought, and I keep questioning actions under the microscope of "is this how I'd normally do it?"

3) Contrary to what my idea of logic would tell me, you'd think the hand I normally write with would be a little more adept at using a mouse. Either I'm really out of shape, or I'm concentrating too hard, because I find it getting fatigued before long. The biggest surprise: While I can maneuver it without too much trouble, left-click vs. right-click keeps getting screwed up.

4) eating is a pain in the ass. It took me a half hour of serious effort to get through a frozen microwaveable dinner the other night. I'm sticking with sandwiches or burritos or anything that doesn't require utensils for a few more days.

5) I've had a vague feeling of unease ever since I started this. Awesome.

-transiit

No comments: