I like stuff.

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Zero Debt

Another goal met. Earlier than planned, but I'm there and I ain't taking it back.

I have no financial debt right now. As of midnight, the transaction posted, my credit card is paid off. All of my bills are now current. Car is paid off. No student loans.

It's not that I'm good at budgeting or anything, I'm just not that disciplined. But I found a budget I can live with ("Spend less than I make") and have just been working it off a bit at a time.

So I'm happy about this. I can now start building up a bigger savings buffer in earnest, and I may allow myself some minor investing (I wouldn't let myself invest in stocks or whatever before because I knew that they'd have to perform better than any interest I was paying on outstanding debt just for me to break even.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! I'm looking forward to the day I am completely in the black. I will be done paying a personal loan on the 15th. Then, it will be just my student loan (I've been out of school for 14 years and am still working on it) and credit card. I'm looking forward to being able to build a financial cushion.

Carrie said...

congratulations!

boo said...

You rock! This is great!