I like stuff.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Higgs-Boson Pool

Ok, so I tried to read this article with a grain of salt, and not being a theoretical physicist, maybe I don't have much ground to stand on.

That said, I'll put $0.05 into the pool that the Higgs-Boson traveled back in time and made cheese possible.

(I feel compelled to say that the article is filled with mindless hyperbole, gives jack shit for any real reason to question the LHC, and makes me want to go read this (ahem, unpublished) paper to see if I can make any sense of this (ahem, really, unpublished?) claim that the LHC will magically undo itself.)

Oh, fuck it, what was last year's claim? It'd make a black hole?

That said, I'll put another $0.05 into the pool that the LHC spontaneously produces pickled herring. Read my soon-to-be published dissertation that lays out that explanation. Seriously.

No comments: