I like stuff.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Discontinuity

I just read this article about a nearby apartment fire

I'll admit that I know very little about firefighting, but I wonder: Is it my lack of knowledge reading into journalism or my lack of knowledge of firefighting when I see a story that claims one apartment fire (with tragic consequence for the occupant), some smoke damage for the adjacent apartments, and some water damage in the downstairs unit requiring eight fire engines in the initial response sounding just a little excesive? And then upping the ante calling in more from the next city over?

Maybe I'm thinking my apartment is still cramped enough that 21 firefighters wouldn't need the engines if they decided to cram in here, they could smother it with their presence.

No comments: