I like stuff.

Monday, November 19, 2007

The boomerang birds are back.

It seems I am completely inept when it comes to using the postal system.

This is the second attempt I've made at sending a friend a package, and after a three week jaunt has been returned.

Previously was a transcription error on my part.

This time, some kind soul overwrote part of the zip code. Possibly another person wrote "Unknown" on the box, it got stamped "ATTEMPTED NOT KNOWN" and returned to me.

Time to go find another box. Blech.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far so good with mine. I have to get baking after Thanksgiving and send out bunches of cookies. So I have it pretty down and use the all night kiosks to mail things.

It would be unfortunate to have one come back. Hope you didn't have to pay twice!

stiill said...

For the most part, the post office seems to work really well. Well... it seems like it works really well, for me, because I don't ever notice not receiving my mail.

I do, however, receive a lot of other peoples' mail. Sometimes they're actually addressed to my house with a different name. (Sometimes they're certified mail, and the delivery person attempts to convince me I'm someone else, so I can sign for it.) Sometimes the letters are addressed to something very similar to my address. Sometimes they don't have the number or street remotely similar.

I put a generic "wrong address/ no one by that name here/ try again" stickers on the mail, but I don't know what happens to it. I'm pretty sure most people don't go to so much effort.

stiill said...

Another note: the delivery people know us. They know our names. They know full well that Alberto Alvarez does not live at our house. They are, however, more than happy to give us his mail.